Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pet Peeves


So, the topic that I set for myself today is “Pet Peeves.”  I’ve already forgotten what pet peeve I wanted to write about today. So, I guess the lesson I’ve learned from today is to be specific in the topics that I set for myself.
I suppose I should be concerned that I have so many pet peeves that I see that prompt and immediately say “Hmm. To which of the many petty things that annoy me was I referring?”  Because, there are a lot of petty things that annoy me.  I mean, there are the people who don’t add the ‘ly’ to the end of their adverbs.  There are people who insist on putting a ‘C’ somewhere in my name (either first or last) when they should know better.  There are random strangers that feel the need to comment on my preference for diet sodas (That sugar substitute will give you cancer, you know. Scientists said so). There are people who giggle when I ask them a question instead of giving me an answer.  There are people who answer a question “Yes” when it’s clearly an ‘either/or’ question, not ‘yes/no.’  People who mess with my things just to see how red in the face I’ll get.  People who don’t clean up sticky spots on the floor.  People who talk to me like I’m dumber than they are. People who—
You know, I should just go ahead and stop here.  I am  getting angrier by the second, and that’s not something good to do last thing at night.  I’m just a very easily irritated person, and let’s leave it at that.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment