Friday, March 8, 2013

Well--That Worked Well


So, I decided to re-claim my blog, and then completely forgot to post yesterday. Ah well, I suppose that is very much 'me.' Energy and determination one day, completely out of mind the next. These things happen. These things mostly happen because I'm watching television and forget to consult my to do list. I got sucked back into some DVDs of mine that I'd hadn't watched in ages. Yes, I am going to talk about Gilmore Girls and my thoughts on the characters in the show, so feel free to stop reading now if you don't care about such things, or are afraid of spoilers. I promise not to be offended.
I was watching Season Seven, which is in a way almost it's own different show from the rest of the series. The creator of the show left, taking with her several writers, and her idea of how the show should end. Luke and Lorelai were split up for a whole series of reasons, Logan is in London, and Lorelai is “casually dating” the father of her child. Now, I'm a Java Junkie with the heart of them (That is a Luke/Lorelai shipper) but watching Lorelai and Christopher in these dates here at the beginning of season seven, it makes me sad that they couldn't get together. It would be adorable for Rory's parents to end up together, and Lorelai makes a point that Chris grew up with her, understood where she came from, and really understood her in a lot of ways. Its a shame that I know where the series goes, and I know where Christopher messes up in big ways. Not to mention the mistakes he had made in the past. And—Luke and Lorelai are just so cute I can't bring myself to ship anyone else.
Well, there it is, time to reclaim my blog with opinions on a tv show that has been off the air for (oh goodness) six years now. Cheers.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment