Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Strange Phenomena


All my little shipper heart wants is a single television show couple that I love where cheating isn’t involved.  I mean really.  I know I actually have very little right to complain because I have a fascination with writing stories that revolve around cheating, seconded only by stories that revolve around twins. But I feel like it’s getting extremely—well, depressing to be perfectly frank.  Almost every couple that I’ve ever liked on TV, if they got together in canon and on screen, inevitably there is a cheating scandal of one form or the other. It’s a good go-to storyline that can mess things up for weeks to come.  I guess I get that. But doesn’t anyone stay true to their significant others anymore? Aren’t they’re any more good people in the world? Or good characters on television?  I guess that would be the better question to ask.
Really, I think what makes me so angry is the break of previously formed characteristics for some of the characters. Characters who have been cheated on before, or characters who have previously spoken out against cheating are suddenly willfully and readily cheating on their significant others.  Not the hanging out with someone they find attractive and kiss them and then feel guilty and run away or any of that nonsense. No, they are going out with someone with the knowledge that it might be cheating and sometimes with the intent of cheating.  It’s mindboggling.  I would say it’s poor writing, but I know people who have done similar things in similar situations, so I know it’s realistic.  I just don’t get it.
And, you know, I just think I might be okay with that.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment