Monday, October 1, 2012

What I'm Not


Well, I know it’s a silly thing to do sometimes, but I find that it’s much easier to explain who I am by explaining what I’m not, or what I hope to never be.  And today I realized something that I really hope to never be.
Bitter.
Now, of course I don’t mean I’ll never have a bitter moment.  Everyone, except for the saintly few, has bitter moments. But I hope that it never becomes a defining characteristic.  I’ve seen it happen to people I knew and loved.  I’ve seen the aftereffects of years of bitterness.  I even see it now, in people who I personally think are much too young to have to have things to be bitter about.  To be perfectly honest, it just makes me sad. It’s tragic to see someone look at a rose and only see the thorns, to use an extremely over the top and overused metaphor.  And I do mean tragic in the strongest, most mournful definition of the word. I hope that I never sink so low as to steep in bitterness.
And I sincerely hope that no one has to look at me and see the sad, bitter wreck of how awesome I could have been.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment