Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One Week


So, I’ve gone a week without updating. Oops.
It’s not that I forgot about this, or that I didn’t have time for it, but it’s that I just plain didn’t feel like writing something, not even a basic two hundred word entry, and posting it up for the world to read.  I’m not sure why, I just didn’t. To be perfectly frank, I don’t even feel much like writing it now either, but after a week’s worth of  “Blog” on my to-do list, I’m beginning to feel physically uncomfortable about not writing it, and if I don’t get it crossed off my to do list soon, I’m going to lose it completely. Just writing that sentence, it occurs to me, and not for the first time, that I’ve got a problem in regards to my to-do list.  But stopping the to-do list would be even more of a problem, so I’ll take the lesser of two evils for now.
Since I don’t want to write about anything coming truly from my own mind, I’ll instead write about television. I’ve always been good about talking about television. 
Currently my “television” is anything I can find online.  Right now, I’m making my way through an old series again, Jack and Bobby, which was one of those too good to last shows from 2004, cancelled after only one season. I watched it irregularly as it aired, since it came on right after Smallville for part of its run, but I didn’t give it too much thought at the time. I watched it all the way through for the first time two years ago, and now I’m about half way through the season again.  It stars Matt Long, who I know from Sydney White, and Logan Lerman, who has become quite a name over the past two years or so, as brothers, unsurprisingly named Jack and Bobby McCallister.  The show follows the brothers growing up in a college town with their slightly insane history professor of a mother (who probably would have fit right in teaching at Hollins), interspersed with talking head clips from the year 2049, a series of interviews documenting the political life of President McCallister.  One of the brothers grows up to be president.  The series will tell you who, but I won’t.  You’ll have to watch to find out.
The show is chock full of guest stars, everyone from Bradley Cooper, Patrick J Adams, Neil Patrick Harris, Cam Gigandet, TJ Thyne, and the list goes on.  All of the episodes are up on Youtube, or are available to watch at wb.com. (Yes, this show aired on the WB. Sometimes it’s easy to see why it was pitched there, and other times it’s very easy to see why it was cancelled from there.) I would recommend it to anyone, if for no other reason than to watch 12 and 13 year old Logan Lerman, in a very unconventional move by Hollywood, play a character that is two years older than he is.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment