Monday, February 4, 2013

The Most Amazing Room


A week or so ago, a prompt was presented about the perfect room, the most amazing room you could imagine. I sat down to try and write out my perfect room, and I couldn't.  It's a lot harder than I imagined trying to figure out exactly what I would want in a room.  I know for a fact it would have a desk, a comfortable chair, and probably a place to lay down and take a nap.  It would have books, but also a state of the art entertainment center including flat screen, top of the line sound system, an all-region DVD player, and every video game console I could even begin to wonder about.  I thought it might be a huge room, but then I thought that I like smaller spaces better, so maybe it'd be a small room, but then I'd want room to run around like an idiot, so maybe it better be bigger, or even multiple stories with stairs, but then slides might be fun, and wouldn't it be nice to have a fireman's pole to play on, and definitely one of those ladders that slide around on book shelves but then again would I want my bookcases to be so tall because I am short-- Yes, I went on like that for a very long time, trying to decide what would be perfect.
In the end, I realized someone had already created my perfect room.  J K Rowling came up with the idea and stuck it into the walls of Hogwarts. Really, what I want, is my very own Room of Requirement.  Whatever I need, whatever I want, it could be there with a thought.  And as my needs and desires change, I could head to that room and find it a completely different place, perfectly suited for what my mind wanted then. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment