Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Time Travel

You know I’ve been watching too much Doctor Who when I decide for myself that “Time Travel” would make a good prompt for a blog post.  But, I have been watching too much Doctor Who, so I suppose here we are.
I do wish that time travel existed. Not to change anything, though.  I feel like so many people talk about time travel in the context of wanting to go back in time to prevent XYZ from happening, or to make this decision or that decision different.  I don't want to change anything--I just want to observe, to know for a fact what happened when, maybe to relive a moment just to see how it actually happened instead of the warped memory I formed by living it.  Maybe I'd go back to see exactly what happened in an event that people claim different timelines or chain of events.  Maybe I'd go forward, just to see how it all ended.  To know for a fact about what's coming.
I've already admitted I'm not good with the unknown.  I'd rather know everything.  To me, if time travel could or does actually exist, then I would use it as a tool to know as much as I really could.
And yeah, I hope in that silly little part of my brain that still believes magic exists that The Doctor exists too, and that he's running around with his companions and saving all of our lives at any given moment without us having a single clue that it's happening. And if he does look like David Tennant, well, that'd be quite alright with me too.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment