Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Things I Learned


Is it too early for a “Things I learned in 2013” list? Well, the overachiever that I am says “No!” because I have learned a lot.
-- There is no sensation quite as uncomfortable as having snow inside your shoes, but outside your socks
-- The worst kind of sick is when you’re trying to act like everything is fine, and people are still telling you that you look bad and/or telling you to sit down.
-- Keeping secrets from friends does nothing but make everyone feel sick.  It should be avoided at all costs.
-- The definition of the word opprobrium (disgrace or contempt, for those who were wondering)
-- Just because I’ve known something since I was a small child, that doesn’t mean it is easy and/or common knowledge. This goes for everything from silly cup games, to diseases.
-- I am much better at letting myself make mistakes then I used to be. Either I’m coming to hold myself to a healthier standard, or I am becoming a bad person.  Only time will tell which.
-- Anyone willing to go head to head with me on movies and actors automatically earns my respect. 
-- My bucket list is going to take a LONG time to complete. Even with the best of intentions, I’m not very good at getting things done.
That’s all—for now.  Here’s to all the lessons that the next three hundred sixty three days are going to teach me.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment