Monday, December 31, 2012

End of Television Shows (Contains Leverage Spoilers)


So, this Christmas season, two shows that I love aired their final episodes One of them I haven’t seen yet because it’s a BBC show and there is a painfully long delay between its airing in the UK and the ability to watch it Legally in the USA.  While it does mean I have to avoid sections of the internet as to not get hit with spoilers, I do like that for me, the show isn’t actually over yet.  And that’s nice.
The other show, well, I finally bit the bullet and watch the finale the other night.  Leverage on TNT lasted for five seasons, and aired it’s final episodes on Christmas 2012.  For those of you who want to see, but have yet to watch the Leverage series finale, stop reading now, because here there be spoilers.
So, as heartbreaking as it is to see Leverage go, his finale was one of the best finales that I have ever seen.  There were several references to the pilot episodes, and other popular episodes over the past seasons.  There were one on one scenes between each set of characters with heartwarming moments that often left me tearing up a bit.  There were fake outs that I didn’t believe for second and fake outs that confused me for a moment. And in the end of it all, there was something I never would have guessed, but worked brilliantly in the end.
Here are the real spoilers: I love Parker.  She grew from a comedic relief type character with an occasional heartwarming scene, to one of the reasons that I turned the show on every week, to the reason I continued to watch the show.  She went from a talented thief with no real emotional value but a love for money, to a genuine member of the family that the team had become, and the finale pulled Parker straight through to her full potential as the leader of the team.  I never would have predicted it through the series, but once it was revealed, it just made perfect sense for me.
This show meant a lot to me over the past five years, and I’m sure that it will mean a lot to me for years to come.  I was glad to see it get a proper ending, and a sendoff in style.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment