Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tragedy


The worst kinds of tragedies take two forms: those involving large, almost inconceivable numbers, and those involving children.  Even the most hard hearted of people suffer heartbreak when a child dies needlessly.  And when several children die needlessly, it grows exponentially with each loss. 
Tragedies are bound to bring about a hundred different things.  Heart break, Anger, tears, controversy, prayer vigils, political debates, news reports, people who only want to talk about it, people who never want to talk about it, blog responses, and the list goes on and on.  Maybe these are good things.  Maybe they are bad things.  Maybe they're neither, they just are.
The truth of the matter is I’m not okay.  I won’t be for a while.  It was too close, and they were too young, and it never should have happened for so many different reasons. I won’t be okay for a while, and in a way I’m okay with that, because this is something that shouldn’t leave me okay for a while.  I’m talking in circles, and I apologize, but there doesn’t seem to be a better way to say what I’m trying to say.
What I’m trying to say is: I’ll walk and talk okay.  I’ll post on here like I’m okay.  And eventually, I will be.  But until then, please forgive me if I’m a little off—maybe a bit too eager to be happy about something, or a bit too upset over something minor.  I’m doing what I can with what I have.
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment