Saturday, December 29, 2012

Being Childish


I am often accused of being childish.  This could be taken a variety of ways, and I think that a lot of the time it is intended to be an insult. And sometimes it is rightly used as an insult. Such as when something serious needs to get done and I am throwing a temper tantrum about a small detail.  Granted, those instances have become less and less as I’ve gotten older, but when it does happen, I deserve whatever people want to say about me.
But more often than not, I am “Being Childish” when I am having fun.  Mind you, this is fun that doesn’t hurt anyone. Usually, it’s relatively simple things like spinning in circles, or walking so that I only step on the black tiles.  I am perfectly aware that the white tiles are not clouds that I will fall through, and that the red tiles are not lava that will burn off my feet, but that doesn’t make it any less fun to hop, skip, and jump from back title to black title.  If I’m not hurting anyone or getting in anyone’s way—then what’s the harm?  Just because you are miserable doesn’t mean you have to step on my happiness, does it?
Well, that took a grumpy turn.  And maybe it was a bit childish, but you know what? I won’t apologize.  I’m okay with being childish every now and then.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment