Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas and Fifty


Guys!  Today is two different and very awesome things.
 First and most obviously of all, it's Christmas!!  Christmas is easily one of my favorite holidays of the year.  It’s winter, which I love.  It’s got Christmas Music, which I love.  It’s got presents for me, which I love.  It’s got presents for other people, which I love.  It’s got wonderful religious services and performances which I look forward to every year, and love.  All in all, what’s not to love.   Well, what’s not to love is being away from my family this year, which stinks, but I did get to skype in with them earlier this morning while they were opening presents, and I’m probably going to skype into the “dessert party” at my Nana’s later tonight.  And, my mother and sister will be coming up to visit in a couple of days, which is very nice. And right now I’m all alone in my apartment, which is very nice and relaxing and a very good present in its own right.
Secondly, and only obvious to the keen observer, this is my fiftieth blog post here at Building a Door.   This also means it is officially the longest blog I’ve ever managed to keep going.  I know. Shocking, right?  I’m pretty stunned myself! 
So, here’s to baby Jesus and Fifty more posts!!
May your stomachs be full, and your hearts be light. I hope you get cool things to play with and are surrounded by people who love you. I hope these things are true whether you celebrate today as a holiday or not.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment