Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Planning for the Future


You remember how this blog was originally about my quest to get out of Shelton, CT? And you know has long since turned into me getting overly annoyed and overly excited about things?  Well, that’s all for one basic reason.
Trying to figure out the future is depressing.
Dreaming about the future is fun. You can be anything.  You can do anything. You can go anywhere. You can marry anyone.  Quite literally your only limits are the limits of your imagination.
Planning for your future—less fun.  There are logistics to work out that don’t seem to actually have solutions.  There are questions of “How much is that going to cost me?” and “If I move there will I be able to find a job and/or legally be able to work?” and “It takes how long to get that processed?”
There is also the crushing reality that, statistically speaking, I’m not likely to end up anywhere that I want.  Or I’ll get close to where I want, sinking a ton of time, energy, and money into it, only to discover that what I thought I wanted isn’t anything that I wanted at all, that I’ve wasted years of my life to reach a goal I am disappointed to have reached.  
I think that’s why it’s so much easier for me to daydream about the future, and to make excuses to not get anything done.  That’s why I’m in trouble in the long run. Unless I buckle down and really force myself to face the bitter truth of It all. Wish me luck.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment