Monday, December 10, 2012

A Little Bit Obsessive


Anyone who knows me knows that when I become a fan of something or someone, I will throw myself face first into being a fan, bordering on obsessive, almost trying to make up for all the lost time of not being a fan, until I relax into being a casual fan, occasionally bouncing back into being a super fan when something particularly exciting happens in the fandom. Anyone who has talked to recently knows I have become a fan of Jon Richardson.
But there is a twist.  Even in this phase of slightly obsessively watching everything I can find that he was in, Jon Richardson is both my absolute favorite, and my least favorite comedian at the same time. He’s got several jokes that cause me to stop breathing for a moment from laughing so hard.  Some of his rants contain points that I relate to so intensely, that I will pause the video, run to the nearest human being, and point eagerly at the screen and yell “See! I’m not the only one who feels like that!” He’s probably one of the best comedians to turn to for a quick pick me up when I’m in a bad mood.  Honestly, look up his routine from the Apollo on YouTube, and it will be an amazing thirteen minutes of your life.
However, he also depresses me.  Some of the things he says hit very close to home, almost painfully so. This is a an extremely attractive man (to my eyes, and many others—so don’t start arguing with me on that point) who is hilarious and relatively successful.  He has been single for eight years, at least. He believes, very strongly if his public persona is to be believed, that he will never find someone to stay with for the rest of his life.  Because he’s odd and insistent.  Much in the same way I am odd and insistent.  I don’t even have extremely attractive, hilarious, and relatively successful to fall back on.  It’s a bit of a bitter pill to swallow.  Because he’s funny—but maybe he’s also right.
Bah. I’m going to watch 8 out of 10 cats. Like I said, he’s good for a pick me up.

<3

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dK_5Zg5Rg

    oooo he's on one of my favorite gameshows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I Lie To You is actually the first place that I saw him. When I looked him up and realized he had done stuff with Russell Howard, I was intrigued. Now he's even surpassed Russell Howard in my eyes. Which is a big deal. Cause I like Russell Howard a lot.

      Delete