Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little Bit of Crazy


I apologize in advanced for the errors in this post.  My in house editor has gone to bed, like any sane person would have done hours ago.  But I wanted to post, so here we go.
I suddenly find myself very grateful for Hollins.  I will never have to be taught how to be a little bit crazy. Hollins let me be just about as crazy as I could handle. From now on, a little bit crazy will be like child's play.  Being a little bit crazy is a part of daily life, and I very rarely go through a day without saying or doing something that could, in general, be considered a bit insane.
But at the same time, I am not at all grateful for Hollins, because it has let me know just what I'm missing.  For four years, Hollins let me be insane with the drop of a hat. I could stand up, make a declaration that I was restless, and instantly, insanity would ensue. With any given moment, I was likely to be flipped on my head by a friend’s idea, or her own restlessness.  We'd be off, and it'd be brilliant. Kelsey would have duct taped herself to a chair, or Emily would show up with a disguise and an alter ego.  Or maybe it would just be a discussion on the writing of different accents, and Amy would go Irish long enough that I started mimicking her and forgot what my own accent was supposed to sound like.
I think that's why I am so Hollins sick. I think that’s why I am so insanely restless.  I haven’t done nearly enough crazy in the four months since I left, and I’m afraid that all that not enough crazy is going to explode into a giant ball of just a little bit too crazy. But I think that just might be a risk that all Hollins women have to take.

Also, I should stop watching sad movies after midnight, no matter how good they are.  It makes it even harder to go to bed.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment