Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'm Fancy!


Okay, so I missed a day.  But I have a good excuse.  I managed to hurt my pinky.  And I know that sounds like quite a silly little complaint, but you’d be amazed how much a little thing like a pinky can really hurt you, and the lack of use of a pinky can really throw things off for a while. 
We’ve determined that it’s most likely not broken, but it might be sprained or jammed or something of that nature.  The fact of the matter is it’s much better today than it was yesterday, so I’m just being too cheap to go to the urgent care when it looks like it’s something that’s going to go away on its own.  I’ve been following the instructions of the many nurses in my family, (ice, immobilization, pain relievers, don’t poke at it while it’s numb) and will continue to do so until the pain and swelling disappear. 
I will say though, I feel like everything I do is “fancy” in the way that things were fancy when I was about eleven years old.  Everything is “Pinky Out.” It’s a good thing I embraced that trend so readily when I was young, because I do think it has helped me do a lot of things today.  Except type.  The splint keeps pressing random keys.  While slightly entertaining, it is also extremely frustrating. I’m almost ashamed to admit how long this has taken me to type because almost any word involving letters typed by my right hand has to be typed twice because I just cannot get the hang of it.
That being said, I’m done for now.  Time for some more ice.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment