Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Random Chain of Thoughts


I haven’t updated for a couple of days because I keep having these spattering of little thoughts, but none that seem important enough to actually dedicate the time to turn them into a full-fledged blog post. So, I’ve decided just to put a couple of these little one or two line thoughts all together and make that a blog post.  After all, I’m nothing if not random.
I finally got a way to watch DVDs in my room since my disc drive on my computer has stopped working. It’s a brilliant relief to me, because it’s so nice to be able to use my DVD collection more frequently and on my own time.  I love it.
It’s occurred to me that I am a girl who learns and remembers and does a lot of different things almost entirely based on what I hear.  I am also a girl who has been slowly losing her hearing all her life, and is rapidly approaching deaf.   Those two things together really seem like they are heading towards disaster.
How old does one have to be before it’s no longer considered “running away”?
If the idea of doing something that should be stressful fills you with a sense of calm, is that a sign that it’s something you should do, or is it a sign that you haven’t really thought it all the way through?
I wish American television companies treated TV the way that British companies did.  While I’m sure that it’s all money motivated (any good company would be) the British just seem to care a lot more about their TV and genuinely want their shows to succeed.  American companies just seem to be too ready to pull the plug if it isn’t wonderfully awesome from the start and already have plans B through X for what to do with that timeslot.  It’s a little bit devastating to realize.
On a slightly similar note, while I do really enjoy some reality TV shows, I am heartbroken to see what it has done to television as a whole.
I finally got my Shelton library card today, and it’s borderline ridiculous how insanely relieved I felt to have that card in my hand.  Libraries are a lot more important to me than I once thought. And that’s saying something, because I thought they were pretty darn important.
Every day is a normal day until something happens to make it special.  What can I do to make today special?

Alright, I think that’s enough rambling from me. If anyone has any answers to the questions I posed in this post, feel free to shoot me a line with the answer.  I would love to have a discussion on any of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment