Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cleaning Considerations


I think that my biggest downfall is frustration. Since I was little, I’ve found that a lot of things that I have tried have come relatively easy.  Or, rather, things that I want to do have come relatively easy to me.  So, when I have to actually work for something, I get rather frustrated rather quickly.  To this day, I’m pretty sure the only reason I can’t drive a stick shift with ease is directly related to my own frustration. If I could have gotten my own frustration under control, then I probably could have mastered it.
I need to make sure that I do not let frustration get the best of me in the next couple of years.  Things are going to be tough, and I’m betting that there are going to be at least a hundred things to get frustrated about, probably every day. If I let myself, it will be very easy to quit everything.  It will be very easy to find easier ways to survive—and ten, twenty, thirty years from now, I will be very upset with myself for letting things get out of hand.  I mean, it only took me eight years to be very annoyed with myself that I didn’t learn how to drive a stick shift properly, and that had absolutely nothing to do with my hopes and dreams since childhood. 
So, yeah. These are the things I think about while cleaning coffee urns. It’s probably good that I have the day off tomorrow.
<3 

1 comment:

  1. "When I die, perhaps I would like to be cremated and kept in one of these urns... except people might accidentally drink me." <--Is what Emily 1 would be thinking.

    ReplyDelete