Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Lazy Post


So in the past two weeks, I’ve been referred to by several different accounts as “not lazy.”  These offhand comments are BLOWING MY MIND.   I guess part of growing up and being an “adult” means that I have to realize I’ve changed from when I was a child.  I mean, I know I’m more organized in the good ways, and less in bad ways.  I’m certainly a lot more social, and less socially awkward then I was as a child.  I’m less bratty then I was as a teenager by a long shot. (My mom used to call my bratty side “Addy” as in attitude and would say, “Okay, Addy, we’re not having this argument until Rebekah comes back.”) I am, believe it or not, less random than I was as a child.  Now, I will admit that since the creation of my “to-do list” technique during my junior year of high school, I have been a lot more on the ball when it came to longer term projects and much better about reading on a more daily basis.  And I’ve yet to come across a NaNo that I couldn’t beat.
But, not lazy?  That’s just mind blowing.  I used to say without fail that I was a lazy person.  I did, and probably do still, avoid work when I can.  I hate exercising with a passion.  I have, as my current apartment mate so lovingly called it, “A stronger love for pajamas than anyone else.” But as more people say they don’t consider me lazy, and explain why—well, I don’t know anymore.  Perhaps everyone is lazier or more hardworking in their own heads than what people seem to think of them.  Perhaps everyone has a defining feature, negative or positive, that doesn’t actually define them anymore, but they’re unwilling, or unable, to let it go.  Perhaps (most likely) I am getting way too deep considering that it’s 11:30 at night, and I’m not sure if I should be even getting into deep “psychological” debates at the best of times, let alone sleep deprived evenings. 
Maybe I’m just not quite ready to let go of the bratty little sixteen-year-old that slept through a grand majority of her Physics classes. 
Ah, the wonders of growing up.

Three posts in three days?  Maybe I am less lazy than anticipated.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment